November 17, 2008

Glitter Gypsy Caravan

I have been having fun making these little houses with the help of some handy templates I found online. Once I got the hang of it I was able to branch out and make some stuff up. I am quite pleased with how they turned out and have enjoyed figuring out how to construct certain forms out of card stock. While I was painting them (sloppily) I was enjoying the random messiness of the whole endeavor and realized I may have needed a creative outlet departure from my regular painting. Patches usually takes care of this balance but I have been really wanting to make these houses for a couple of years now so it was a good project to start. Now I want to expand on the lot and get it out of my system. A mini-mart perhaps? A glitter mortuary?


Glitter Gypsy Caravan, originally uploaded by verpabunny.

A tiny traveling headspace!

(maybe you need one of these too, Amanda)

Cottage before:

Paper house

Cottage After:

Glitter Cottage