April 7, 2008

Little by little


Sneak a peek, originally uploaded by verpabunny.

I have had this nagging, terrible aching lack of time lately. I need to split into 5 people to do all I need to do at the level of quality I wish to do it in. I look through magazines or at art sites and see all the amazing things people are doing for a living and it makes me feel kind of sad and defeated. I am sure this feeling comes from the fact that I work a regular job as well as paint when I can. People assume I paint all the time and it isn't true, I only wish it were, but I also fear that the pressure to make a living off my art would change it somehow, force it. Another frustration factor is my workspace for painting is less than ideal at the moment. The floor of the office/studio at home is still concrete (throw rugs covering) and it has a persistent unfinished feeling which, I think, interferes with my focus on art matters. Also, I haven't been able to make it to my regular studio in about a month.

I guess that is enough complaining for now. Isn't that what blogs are for? ;)